Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Client Copy calls bdls and fails

We're have a new installation. When we do a local client copy from 000 to the new client 100 the copy fails with "fill in required fields". When we restart the client copy in the foreground it calls bdls. Why is it doing this? I've never seen this before. It's a local copy.

Thanks,

Daniel

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

4 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jan 31, 2012 at 04:20 PM

    Hello Daniel,

    Hope you are providing all the necessary information for the client copy. Can you please paste the log from SCC3 ? Please check also SM21 and ST22 dumps.

    Please Refer thisLink: http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/bcctscco/bcctscco.pdf

    Here is the procedure for client copy once more :

    *Create a client using SCC4 transaction and mention client role.

    *SAP R/3 Local Client Copy - transaction code RZ10.

    Log on to the target client with user id SAP and password PASS

    If unable to login with SAP* (in ECC6) use TCODE RZ10 to create a new Default Parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar and set the value to 0.

    Run the transaction SCCL

    Select a client profile with source client number

    Thanks,

    Arjun

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Feb 01, 2012 at 01:36 PM

    Hi Daniel,

    How come your are getting BDLS screen when doing a local client copy ..it's strange;)

    btw below is the procedure for local client copy once again.

    check for the free space on the system before scheduling client copy

    (you can check it fthrough report : RSSPACECHECK)

    Login into new client with SAP* and default password

    T-code SCCL.

    there give the profile name and source clicent.

    Also you can monitor the client logs from SCC3.

    -Srini Chapa.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Feb 01, 2012 at 01:58 PM

    We fixed the problem. When we built our qas system we copied the kernel from our dev system. We replaced the kernel with a fresh kernel and that fixed the problem.

    Thanks,

    Dnaiel

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Feb 01, 2012 at 03:23 PM

    Well turns out my last reply was wrong. The 105 kernel may be bad and has nothing to do with the way we copied it.

    Thanks,

    Daniel

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded