Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Netweaver 7.3 JAVA Portal Upgrade "sap.com/SAPNWsCM" not in SMSY

Good day all,

I hope there is someone out there that can assist me with this problem. I am busy with a Netweaver 7.3 JAVA portal upgrade and I ran into a error. This is at the stage you have to provide the upgrade tool with the XML that was generated by Solman. After I provide the system with the XML it returns with this error, "The stack does not match the system. Probably the system was changed after the stack was generated. Synchronize the system with SAP Solution Manager and then generate a new stack. Software component sap.com/SAPNWsCM is found on the system but not in the list of expected system components in the stack."

So I did what the error recommend I do, I triggered the SLD in Visual admin to update to Solman and ran landscape fetch job in SMSY and restarted the upgrade with the new XML that I created. It gave the same error. So I researched what the component is and it seems to be part of the supply chain management component, so I checked the components in SMSY and cannot find it there. So I checked in the SDM but I don't know what I need to look for in there. I did find these 3 that might be part of it, sap.com / com.sap.nw.cm.http , sap.com / com.sap.nw.cm.j2ee and sap.com / com.sap.nw.conversionagent.

I think at a stage that a component was installed and not properly removed from the system and for some reason the upgrade sees this in the database. This is on our DEV portal. It is on Windows X64 and using Oracle 11.2.0.2.

I also have a support message with SAP but they have not even open yet after 24 hours.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Jan 28, 2012 at 11:13 PM

    Hello Kevin,

    You'll find more information about this component in the following note:

    Note 894815 - FAQ: NetWeaver Conversion Agent by Itemfield

    If you don't need it, you can un-deploy it with SDM....

    Cheers,

    Diego.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hello Diego,

      Thanks for your help with these two problems. After many tries I finally found where the .sda file content must be and could finally remove the component. I restarted the upgrade and it continued past that stage.

      Regards,

      Kevin