Skip to Content

"The universe generation using the Resource ID "..." has failed"

Hi,

when we try to refresh an webi report based on Bex in SAP BO BI 4.0 SP2 Patch 6 we are getting below

"The universe generation using the Resource ID "..." has failed"

getting above error when sap user refreshes Web Intelligence reports off BEx query using BICS Connection in SAP BO BI 4.0.

Do any one have any update on it, if so pls help me out

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

8 Answers

  • Posted on Jan 26, 2012 at 11:15 AM

    Hi,

    There are some hints about this in the Knowledge Base search (www.service.sap.com/notes) such as these Notes:

    1674803 - Error: "The universe generation using the Resource ID "..." has failed" when Enterprise user refreshes Web Intelligence reports off BEx query using BICS Connection in SAP BO BI 4.0.

    1668403 - Error "The universe generation using the resource id "...." has failed" when refreshing a WebI report in BI 4.0

    1620509 - Error: "The universe generation using the Resource ID "u2026.." has failed" when editing the data provider of a WebI report in BI 4.0

    1601362 - Error when creating or refreshing Web Intelligence report based on unx universe in BI 4.0

    In summary, this typically happens because:

    - No SAP alias assigned to the Enterprise user.

    - Or, Your user has insufficient BO rights to the OLAP Connection or universe folder.

    - or, you're trying to open a BICS based document in webi desktop rich client in offline / standalone mode. (needs to be connected)

    regards,

    H

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Aug 20, 2014 at 06:02 AM

    Hi S J


    I faced the same issue when I try to refresh the WEBI Reports of BEX Query using BICS Connection in BI LaunchPad. So I went to the Source File and mapped with the same BEX Query by


    Data Access -> Tools -> Change Source and run the Report's. it worked for me.


    --Raji. S


    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Jan 26, 2012 at 06:23 PM

    Hi,

    Thanks for reply.

    we are using SAP authentications , so first SAP note is ruled out.

    Users have full admin rights for Infoview, Folders, Olap connection ...so 2nd SAP note ruled out.

    We checked the 3rd SAP note also but their is no use of it. I mean its not working out.

    We already looked into SAP notes but we are not able to find related one ..

    Today we upgraded patch 10 in one of the environment , their we are not getting this error. So we assume that its an patch6 bug.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Jan 31, 2012 at 02:20 PM

    Hi,

    Even after upgrade patch 6 to patch 10 also we are facing same issue with report. Now I see it more frequently to all users.

    we have ticket with SAP. Even they are not able to find it out.

    Please any one help us.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Feb 01, 2012 at 02:39 PM

    Hi,

    After doing small research we found that this issues casuing because

    After doing migration from Dev to QA. we will login into CMC<OLAP connection <Organize < Edit

    In genereal we change the server number, client, server name

    but we did an change server type also , I mean when I click on server type it gives me an option of SERVER or GROUP

    As per my company standards we need to select GROUP and filled all other prompts and then saved it

    SO after doing changes, when I execute the report we are getting this error.

    but if I keep "SERVER" as server type then report working fine.

    Now I want to know what we need to if I want to use GROUP as server type?

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Feb 02, 2012 at 04:11 PM

    Hi,

    Can any one help me out to find the best solution to an issue.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Feb 25, 2013 at 05:40 PM

    Hi Suman,

    I am still getting the error and through this discussion i am not having clear solution

    Please help

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Jul 16, 2020 at 07:31 PM

    for me, it turned out to be the new missing user group at Connections top-level. I had created a new BOBJ group whose users were getting "Universe generation failed for ..." when refreshing Webi report. Once I added the group at the Connection top-level access in CMC with appropriate custom access level the problem was resolved. I had 4.2 SP5.

    Thanks

    Abdul

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.