Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

MJE between >1 RU in FC

Hello, colleagues!

If anybody knew, how to post manual journal entries (MJE) between two or more Reporting Units ( ICO elimination for instance). The issue is that object "MJE" is associated with particular RU, when the same time it is necessary to make adjustments in more than one RU. We solved it by making two separate MJE and using additional non-balance accounts within each RU, but, i'm strongly convinced that it's no best practise and it's no, who it should be done.

Will be very gratitude for any ideas. Thanks!

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Posted on Jan 13, 2012 at 11:28 AM

    Hello Alexander,

    No, you cannot create a MJE with multiple RUs. A journal (like a package) is always linked to a single unit (and therefore also to 1 currency).

    For your issue, I would suggest you break-down the amounts by partner (dimensional analysis on PA dimension)

    Then, in the MJE, you can enter the counter party and eliminations can be done during consolidation level (reconciliation rules) and intercompany eliminations.


    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hello Alexander

      I cannot comment on SAP BCS, as I do not know that application.

      But, if you breakdown the amounts by Partner you could have the following:

      RU=A reports £100 sales with PA=B

      RU=B reports u20AC 125 purchase with PA=A

      During consolidation you could automatically reconcile the difference (using a reconciliation rule, adjusting the buyer/seller to the lesser or greater amount). So, in the example above, the u20AC5 difference (based on 1.2 exchange rate between EUR/GBP) could be elimated automatically (on both RUs, with a specific audit-id)

      This way, you do not even need manual intervention - which is one of the strengths of the BFC application


  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jan 15, 2012 at 03:01 PM

    Yes, Mark, i know about this possibility in reconciliation rules - very useful thing)

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.