Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Named Search in SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0

Dear Experts

I have a requirement of linking a named search (searches for catalog items whose product ID is not NULL) with a catalog. I'm on version MDM 7.1 SP08 (MDM components) and SRM MDM Catalog 3.0 is also on MDM 7.1 SP08.

I found the following strange behavior with catalog UI when i try to create PR-

Case 1: "User 1" is mapped to standard "catalog user" role. Added the parameter "namedsearch" in webservice call structure and entered the name of the named search i created in data manager.

Result: No filtering - catalog shows all records

Case 2: User 1 is mapped to "Catalog User 1" role (its a duplicate of the standard "Catalog User" role, where I've added the named search as constraints in the role definition). removed the named search parameter from webservice call structure.

Result: records are filtered correctly.

Now my question is - Why isnt the configuration in case 1 working? the problem with case 2 is that I have to create multiple roles for each user!

Am i missing any step?

please advice.

Thanks in advance.

Swarna

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Jan 11, 2012 at 07:48 AM

    HI,

    First login as user and user1 on data manager and see if named search is working fine in the data manager.

    If yes then recheck the namedsearch parameter in webservice definition for any typing error.

    Also make sure this parameter is of type fixed value.

    Regards

    Sam

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hi Sam

      Yes its working fine in Data manager.

      I found that the sequence is vital. When masks was added with seq. no 150 the catalog was displaying all data. however when its seq. numbr is 80 the catalog shows only the records in mask.

      Right now I'm giving the list of parameters in webservice call structure as below-

      10 <no name> url is enetred here

      20 username

      30 password

      40 server

      50 catalog

      60 uilanguage

      70 datalanguage

      80 mask

      When i add the parameter as namedSearch and the sequence as 85, namedsearch works perfectly 😊 initilally was adding it as 150. looks like that is being ignored.

      Thanks for your help.

      Closing the thread.