Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Character encoding issue with EDIseparator while converting to EDIfact xml file.

HI Gurus,

I am facing character encoding issue for one of the EDIFACT inbound interface.

We are receiving edifact file from vendor via AS2 adapter in sap PI and it split by Ediseparator.

It will pass to sendor ediseparator and process and converting the edifact message into xml and post the data into ERP.

Here while converting to edifact xml we special character are generating with junk.

Example character is : Å

Please help me here to over come from this issue.

Regards,

Naga Uday.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

5 Answers

  • Dec 22, 2016 at 04:19 PM

    Uday,

    Did u try Adding parameter :edifact.encoding for edifact convertermodule in sender edi seperator channel.

    ex: edifact.encoding utf-8

    Br,

    Manoj

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Dec 26, 2016 at 01:00 PM

    Hi Manoj,

    I have tried that and alos is have added the same in TPA also. But still no luck.

    And while converting the EDIFACT to xml its taking ISO-8859-1 encoding even we have maintained as UTF-8.

    Please help me here.

    Regads,

    Uday.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Uday,

      Maintaining in TPM is not mandatory until and unless you are reading the configuration from TPM

      ISO-8859-1 is the default encoding taken by module EdifactConverterModule in case if you have not maintained edifact.encoding parameter.

      Can you please put the screenshot of the channel configuration along with module and also the Message monitoring log of module execution.

      And also do check in your first flow if the the character is coming as expected , if not then you need to enable encoding option in your encoding in AS2 channnel.

      https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw-b2b-addon102/helpdata/en/af/defce0c9a943c69e4a08dd474a9c54/content.htm

      Br,

      Manoj

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Dec 27, 2016 at 07:09 AM

    Hi Manoj,

    We have used module level parameter and it reading as UTF-8 but the characters are not yet changing.

    encoding-issue.png

    Attached the screen shot of AS2 channel parameters at module level.

    Input giving as

    MÅRBACKAGATAN 11

    After converting into xml before message mapping

    <D_3042_1>MÃÂ…RBACKAGATAN 11</D_3042_1>

    After mapping converting to idoc xml

    <STRAS>M�RBACKAGATAN 11</STRAS>

    Please correct me with your inputs to over come from this issue.

    Regards,

    Naga Uday.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Uday,

      You See the problem is not in module because the Character is represented as it is after Edifact converter module but it is getting converted into illegal character after message mapping in IDOC XML.

      I would suggest you to run end to end scenario then check in ECC how the character is psoted.

      Br,

      Manoj

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jan 03, 2017 at 07:17 AM

    Hi Manoj,

    Thanks for your Guidance...

    Issue got resolved as we have requested vendor to send the data in ISO format. Now the characters coming correctly.

    Regards,

    Naga Uday.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Apr 17 at 02:06 AM

    Hi Naga,

    As you are using EDISeparator receiver channel, please also defines the encoding of the input message in

    EDISeparator receiver CC. If you do not use this parameter, the adapter will use encoding ISO-8859-15. For more details you can refer to SAP help document:

    https://help.sap.com/viewer/22e34f550ba84f20b35b7652ba94ef9c/1.0.5/en-US/814d166608c54a6d92bacc233b915d9b.html

    Best Regards

    Ray

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded