Material Master External Number Range that allows numerics only and combo of numerics, Alpha and Characters
I have the following issue. My client wants to use a purely External Numbering System in SAP
- They only use one Material Type (HALB).
The range must be able to manage material numbers that:
1. Are up to 18 CHAR
2. Have Leading Zero's(Numeric Only) - example 0123, 0000223, etc
3. Purely numeric (no zeros) - ex 56788, 1235456
4. Have Leading Zero's with (Alpha Numeric) - ex 00A456
5. Alpha numeric (No Zeros) ex T123542
6. Leading Zero's with a '.' in the Mat Number
I have the Lexiographical Setting Checked
Leading Zero's Checked
Range is - 000000000000000000 to ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
The issue I have is with the last two examples in 6 above 'Leading zero's with a '.' in the Mat Number.
It seems the system has an issue with zero's then a decimal point without having another number of letter in between. It will allow 00000002.1223 but not 000000.1223. The only way I can get the system to take the leading zero then '.' entries is to check 'X' the 'External Number Assignment w/o Check in the Material Type HALB. When I do that I am no longer allowed to create purely numeric numbers. Any help?
Creating another material type is not an option. Also the '.' can be in any position in the layout.
Thanks in Advance!
Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jan 6, 2012 3:20 PM