My client wants to implement SolMan 7.1 for their upcoming projects. I would like to know what is the best practice for documentation and configuration (Project Strategy) based on below situations.
1) There is a Global Solution manager project that contains all the templates and production support documents which are live
2) Now we are implementing 4 new projects with release approach. For each project we have 2 releases. In the 1st release we are doing only conversion and in 2nd release doing all the transactional stuff. Both the releases has separate Go-Live dates but they are overlapping eachother. so for example during the Test phase of 1st relase, we will start design or build phase for 2nd release. We want to implement ChaRM, Documentation Management, Test Management.
My questions are:
1) how many SolMan project do we need to create to support both releases? 1 or 2?
2) How can we maintain Documentation for both releases? We need only one place for all the documentation
3) how can we Sync or Merge with the documentation that already have in Global Project?
4) How can we maintain config for both relases?
5) Can we accomplish above tasks using only one SolMan proj?
6) What are the limitation of ChaRM in terms of supproting multiple releases and multiple project?
Any suggestions or answers will be helpful.
Thank you in advance for your time.