1) We have installed XI 3.0 SR1 on WAS 6.40 (ABAP + J2EE).
It was working successfully.
We even tried scenarios having IDOC Adapter FILE adpeter.
2) When we created a web service on same server, as part of configuration
transaction "wsadmin" GOTO
> gave URL for J2EE Engine.
Web service also worked fine.
3) after this we all developers were getting authentication errors, so restarted the server.
4) But J2EE server didnt come up after that.
5) In SAP MANAGEMENT CONSOLE all instances are started.
6) In SMICM transaction GO TO -->HTTP SERVER -->DISPLAY DATA shows following
HTTP Application Server Handler
ABAP Server operational = TRUE
J2EE Server configured = true
J2EE HTTP port=
J2EE HTTPS port =
J2EE Server operational = false
Default root access handler = ABAP
URL Prefix Table loaded = TRUE
URL Prefix Table
URL Prefix Virtual Host Case Sensitive Part
7) SM 21 LOG shows
operating system call recv failed
What can be the problem that J2EE server is not coming up?
Can some one give some clue?