Skip to Content
1

MII new date functions with 15.1.2.10

Dec 21, 2016 at 10:09 AM

63

avatar image

Hello,

We have just patched our MII to latest version (we were on 15.1.2.5), so now on 15.1.3.6

But we have severe issue with new date conversion functions which looks to be introduced with 15.1.2.10 (see note

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/0002362194 )

This new patch was looking promising, as we had lot of issues with date/time conversion falling during time switch.

But now, if I do simple conversion in workbench like :

datefromxmlformat("2016-03-25T05:03:00", "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss") result is "

2016-03-25 06:03:00" (converted from UTC to CET without asking)!

This is not acceptable for us, we expect same behavior as before, so giving "

2016-03-25 05:03:00" . Why does this function now converts automatically from GMT to local time ?

10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

1 Answer

Best Answer
Olivier Thiry Dec 22, 2016 at 08:03 AM
1

Hello,

Little update on this topic...

In fact, we noticed the bug is in the workbench at design time.

Scenario is :

- in expression editor, I tried the new function "datefromxmlformattz("2016-03-27T03:03:00", "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss","UTC") which gave me as (correct) result : "2016-03-27 05:03:00"

- then I changed my expression to use "datefromxmlformat("2016-03-27T03:03:00", "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss"), and if I click "evaluate", it gave me wrong result ("2016-03-27 05:03:00"), but if I ran the transaction, at runtime it's ok (tracer show the correct value)

So I guess it's a kind of cache issue in workbench... I will open a ticket for this.
Currently, restart of the workbench is the only way to solve the issue.

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded