Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

B1 Usability Package, Remoteapp, mstsc freeze

I'm writing this post in hopes that someone out there can provide me some kind of idea, or resolution to a current problem Jim having. Ill try to describe the issue as well as i can.

We had ran SAP 8.8 with Boyum usability package 4.2.2 for months without any issues. Clients connect to sap using Microsoft remote application gateway.

Over the past weekend i had upgraded to 8.81 PL6 and installed B1UP 4.3. Now when clients connect to SAP (using remote application gateway) everything in sap works untill a sales order is opened and a BP number is entered that is over the credit limit. At that time MSTSC.EXE hangs. The same thing is true on Service calls with a customer over credit limit.

If B1UP is not started, SAP works as expected.

Since this problem was discovered dive upgraded SAP to 8.81 PL9, and the problem continues. I've also tried to downgrade B1UP to both 4.2.2 and 4.1 and still the same problem. Along with both of those i have also tried to enable "run as administrator" and "run in windows xp sp3 compatibility" on SAP.exe, the sapbouicom.exe, b1up.exe.

The above problem happens 100% of the time when sap is launched though the application gateway. When a normal terminal connection is made the problem only happens about 1/15 or so attempts but each attempt the user's ability to click 'OK' or 'Cancel' is drastically slower then normal almost as if it wants to crash but finally works(anywhere from 3-9sec).

Other things ive noticed:

No error logs are created on the terminal server. The only error logged from windows is found on client and its a "apphangb1 mstsc.exe";

SAP logs do not show anything related to this error.

It does not seem that SAP itself is freezing. Once mstsc crashes, i am able to reconnect to the open terminal session and sap allows the user to now select OK or Cancel to the "over credit limit" popup box as if nothing happend.

I was also able to disable all B1UP functions while the addon is running and the error does not happen. Its only when any B1UP functions that effect the forms are loaded that the apphang happens.

All client computers are up to date with the most current version of remote desktop connection, and we run on both windows xp and windows 7 machines.

Thanks for your time everyone, i will be happy to provide any more information if necessicary.

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

2 Answers

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Nov 23, 2011 at 04:14 PM


    Welcome you post on the forum.

    I have moved your question here because B1UP is not SAP add-on.

    For your question, you need to contact add-on vender instead of here. I believe no one else but Boyum be the only one who can solve your problem,



    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Nov 24, 2011 at 07:16 AM

    Hi there

    I'm the lead developer of the B1 Usability Package. We have not have any such issues reported and many other customers (Including our own internal setup) are running similar setups.

    Only 2 things I can thing of is:

    1- Check windows permissions.

    a) B1UP need to be able to read data from "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAP Business One\AddOns\BOY\B1 Usability Package" and all its sub-folder (Or where you installed the add-on)

    b) B1UP need to be able to read/write data from "%appdata%\Boyum IT\BOY_USABILITY" and its subfolders.

    c) SAP in general need read/write access to "%temp%" folder

    2- Check for corrupt install: Click Windows Start > Run and type in %temp% and OK. Now locate the SM_OBS_DLL folder and rename it to oldSM_OOBS_DLL. Then restart the SAP Client.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.