Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Error when adding Activity Type to Operation on Tasklist

We set our Key date back a year on creation of a tasklist. However, when I try to enter the Activity Type on the Operation I get: "Fiscal Year for date XX/XX/XXXX could not be calculated" where the date is minus one year from today. I checked with the Finance guy here and he has never seen this nor has any idea why it would be displayed. He goggled it and got nothing. He went to SAP support and got nothing. Could find no help at all on that error. Weird. Additionally, we have done this same thing in an earlier client and DID NOT receive this error. It worked fine.

So, has anyone had any experience with this? Any thoughts on the cause? The Activity type appears to be set up correctly and is consistent with the earlier client. It also has a validity date backdated to 1900.

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

5 Answers

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Nov 22, 2011 at 09:38 PM

    Hi Kris.

    This is nowhere near my area of expertise, but you should probably check the configuration around your fiscal year variants. Have a look with t-code OB29 and ensure that everything is setup correctly for a year-old date.

    Hope this points you in the right direction, at least.

    Paul

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Nov 23, 2011 at 05:28 AM

    Hi,

    I have seen this error earlier, please check your order/operation dates. Most probably fiscal year variant has not been maintained for the order/operation year.

    Regards

    Shrikant

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Nov 22, 2011 at 10:49 PM

    Thanks for the tip. I went ahead and took a look at that with the Finance lead and it all checks out. I'll keep looking. Hopefully someone's run into this before.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Nov 23, 2011 at 10:52 AM

    I don't know how the Fiscal year variant gets applied to the data in IA05, Tasklists. However, even without knowing that, looking at OB29, it would appear that it is setup correctly. That is, we have a NON-YEAR dependent variant setup (Z9) for our company. If it's not year dependent then I can't see what there is in OB29 to change for my Tasklist problem. Thoughts???

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Nov 23, 2011 at 08:25 PM

    A developer helped me debug it and found that it was the validity date on the Workcenter causing the problem. I was going back a year on the keydate but the validity date on the workcenter was only last week.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.