In PI prod, I have an issue when PI has to send back an acknowledgment to ECC (when ECC send an idoc) (*). By looking queue log and reading SXMB_MONI trace, I identified that my problem is certainly with the link "IE -> Adapter Engine" and here's what we have:
In PI prod:
- in SXMB_ADM, category=RUNTIME + Parameter=IS_URL, I have: http://<host>/sap/xi/engine?type=entry " no <port> !
- in SXI_cache, I have TWO entries for Adapter cache:
1. AE name = af.pip.pip-mssql
AE type = CA
AE URL = http://<host>:<port>/MessagingSystem/receive/AFW/XI
2. AE name = is.50.pip-sap
AE type = IS
AE URL = http://<host>/sap/xi/engine?type=entry " no <port> !
And when PI has to send back the ack, it uses the 2 line of SXI_CACHE (e.g "IS"), and it's here that we have error (e.g HTTP_COMMUNICATION_FAILURE), whereas in PI quality, I have:
- in SXMB_ADM, category=RUNTIME + Parameter=IS_URL, I have: http://<host>:<j2eeport>/sap/xi/engine?type=entry
- in SXI_cache, I have one entry:
AE name = af.piq.piq
AE type = CA
AE URL = http://<host>:<j2eeport>/MessagingSystem/receive/AFW/XI
To solve issue, my first idea is to provide <port> in "IS" url, and check the result... but why to keep two AE?
The 2nd idea is to delete the 2nd entry (e.g "IS") in SXI_CACHE and/or update the appropriate "aii" properties.
I have three questions:
1. what's the best approach?
2. where the 2nd entry of SXI_CACHE (e.g "IS") is maintained? which aii properties?
3. do I have to stop/start PI server? if update IS_URL in SXMB_MONI, and/or if update the "aii" properties.
As error appears in prod (only), please answer only if you are sure ⚠️, because myself I have a doubt....
And if you could refers to a help sap, snd, pdf links, I will appreciate.
PI 7.1 EhP1
(*) I know that a quick solution should be to use prog IDX_NOALE in order to not send Ack... but I don't want that.