Skip to Content

RFC Lookup Failed - Channel not available in CPA Cache

Hello Friends,

In our message mapping we called the channel "PI_RFC_RCV" to do RFC lookup in the back end system. In our DEV environment, this look up is working fine. (Our system is PI 7.0)

We have transported the same mapping to our Quality System. Here, in Directroy, we created the RFC communication channel in the same name.

But, during message processing, this look up is not happening. When I checked the trace, it throws the following message.

-


RFC Lookup Failed: com.sap.aii.mapping.lookup.LookupException: Problem when calling an adapter by using communication channel PI_RFC_RCV (Party: , Service: M78CLN155, Object ID: bc67f1868ab832f48d4fae84fc44f19b) Check whether the communication channel exists in the Integration Directory; also check the cache notifications for the instance Integration Server (central Adapter-Engine) Channel object with Id Channel:bc67f1868ab832f48d4fae84fc44f19b not available in CPA Cache

-


Our SXI_CACHE refresh is green, I did complete CPA Cache Refresh. It is successful. The cache connectivity test in RWB also green. Even after I recreated the channel, the same error is coming. The channel id it shows in the trace is not matching the channel id (Object ID) which we created in Directory. The object id is created by system. Confusing from where this id is picked up and written in Trace.

Friends, if you faced this kind of problem earlier and fixed it, please guide me how to fix this. We are struggling.

Thanking you.

Kind Regards,

Jegathees P.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

5 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 05, 2011 at 07:38 AM

    Hi,

    Can you please check SAP note 730870.

    You may also try refreshing your Integration / repository complete cache and try again.

    Also read.

    Problem calling communication channel

    Hope this helps.

    Regards,

    Varun

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 05, 2011 at 04:01 PM

    Hi, where says: LookupService.getChannel("BUSINESS SYSTEM","ADAPTER"); sure you are not writing the party... please let your code like this:

    LookupService.getChannel("",BUSINESS SYSTEM","ADAPTER");

    Regards

    Edited by: Raul Cerda on Nov 5, 2011 5:01 PM

    Edited by: Raul Cerda on Nov 5, 2011 5:02 PM

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 07, 2011 at 04:00 AM

    HI,

    1.First thing is to check in the ID menu for cache notifications. See of everything is green

    Else your can do a refresh from the menu itself else use the link http://<host>:<port>/CPACache/refresh?mode=full

    2.Make sure that you have the exact Business system name and communication channel present in Interation Directory that you use in UDF. Also perform full SXI_CACHE refresh.

    regards,

    ganesh.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Nov 05, 2011 at 09:16 AM

    Hi,

    it's probably not an issue of Cache, but just that this ID object (defined in Dev) does not exist in your Quality !!

    I explain me:

    in your Interface Determination, on the bottom under "Parameter", check how your RFC lookup is defined.

    you should have a RfcBindingName (*) which refers to a bad "Party || Business System || Communication Channel". Check the Business System name, because in Dev you CC is attached to a BS_dev, but after the transport it attached to BS_Quality.... but info, here under Interface Determination, I think, is not updated after the transport...

    (*) RfcBindingName: this one used in your Interface Mapping (in IR) and used in your Message Mapping in order to link your Function Module (or bapi) to this RfcBindingName.. and so to the CC defined in Interface Determination.

    Note: Even if it seems it's not your case, keep in mind that:

    if in your Adapter Engine, you have RFC adapter of PI 7.0 and PI7.1 or PI 7.11.... well be careful to select the good version among Interface Mapping / Message Mapping with the RFC adapter version of your Communication Channel, because if it's not the same version, you will have also a error with your RFC lookup.

    Regards

    Mickael

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Nov 09, 2011 at 10:13 AM

    Friends, Thank you for your reply. Our problem is solved. There were 2 mistakes. First one, in the mapping, there is spelling mistake in the Business System. I corrected that. After that, this error has gone. Next one is the user which I used in the channel doesn't have RFC authorization. After correct this. Our RFC look up is working fine. One more that, it is need not required to transport the RFC channel.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded