It is possible to upload value maapings via the ValueMappingReplication interface.
Updating existing value mappings doesn't seem possible. Only insert and delete. But what happens during the small time interval when I have deleted old value mappings and not yet uploaded the new ones?
The workaround I have in mind is:
1. keep existing value mappings in place
2. upload all value mappings with new value mapping context e.g. data + version number
3. delete the old value mappings based on old value mapping context
To look up a value, I use a small piece of Java code:
- determine first the most recent value mapping context
- use this most recent value mapping context when looking up a value
It is a pitty that value mappings cannot be programmatically updated via the ValueMappingReplication interface. Any comments on the above workaround?
Kind regards, Guy Crets
FYI: see also related posting "Value mapping problem"