Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

exporting excel-- code fails to set options if custom options set in design

cr 11.5 sp2

I am programming with visual basic 6. I allow 2 options for exporting to excel (data only):

All headers

No headers

When I test on a report. It runs fine. But if I go into the designer and change an export option, I am in trouble.

I changed Export Object Formatting to true and saved the report. Now 'all headers' and 'no headers' looked the same. They were exactly what was set in the export options of the report.

I then deselected Export Object Formatting, and saved the report. Now I was back to the orginal report, except that I'd previously set something in report options. This didn't help. I'd lost control of dynamically changing the export options.

What am I doing wrong?



Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

1 Answer

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Sep 28, 2011 at 11:57 AM

    I am not sure, but you could try setting a parameter in your report All Headers/No Headers, and use this to conditionally suppress your headers. Then set the export options to print headers. Now it won't matter. Your report controls the headers.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.