Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Possible bug on ServicesManager

Hello, I installed the new PDK patch2, first on our development server.

We created another server instance using ServicesManager (because our Portal has 3 J2ee instances), works fine and creates Server01 service and was started wihtout problems; then I created another one, the service is called Server02, but the service takes longer to start than Server00 and Server01, I tested mi PDK applications and doesn't works for this instance (Server02).

I deleted the last service and created a new one, called Server03, was started ok and then the PDK application works (my code shows in which serivice is running).

I thought that may be I didn't removed something of the older PDK. But when I install the same in the QA server happened exactly the same, I had to delete the Server02 and create another service, Server03, to make it work.

Do you think that is something wrong with the ServicesManager tool?

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

1 Answer

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Feb 27, 2005 at 08:06 AM

    Hi Rafael,

    Is it possible that the port of server02 is occupied(perhaps taken by one of the other services or by a different application).

    Please check the SAP node in the Windows Event Viewer for any errors.



    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.