Skip to Content
Sep 14, 2011 at 09:05 PM

CA - Need Canada wage type "taxable but not taxed"


Hi everyone,

I need to configure a Canadian wage type which would be like the US "taxable but not taxed" wage types. It would increase the taxable wage accumulators (income tax, CPP, and EI), calculate employer taxes (CPP and EI), and pay the full amount to the employee without deducting the taxes pertaining to the wage type amount. I can't think of any way to do this which would both calculate ER taxes and not calculate EE taxes. We are currently using a gross up wage type for this, but the company does not want to continue to cover the extra taxes on behalf of the employee.

Any help would be appreciated.