Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Performance problems with 0EC_PCA_3 datasource

Hi experts,

We have recently upgraded the Business Content in our BW system, as well as the plug-in on R/3 side. Now we have BC3.3 and PI2004.1. Given the opportunity, we decided to apply the new 0EC_PCA_3 and 0EC_PCA_4 datasources that provide more detailed data from table GLPCA.

The new datasources have been activated and transported to the QA system, where we experience serious performance problems while extracting data from R/3. All other data extractions work as before so there should not be any problem with the hardware.

Do you use 0EC_PCA_3? Have you experienced any problem with the speed of data extraction/transfer? We already have applied the changes suggested in note 597909 (Performance of FI-SL line item extractors: Creating indexes) and created secondary indexes on GLPCA table but it did not help.

thanks and regards,


Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

1 Answer

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Feb 17, 2005 at 11:22 AM

    Seems the problem was caused by a custom development - quantity conversion in user exit. However, we tried loading earlier after removal of the exit, it did not help then (loading took even longer...). Now it did.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.