Skip to Content
1

Say good-bye to all of this... and hello to oblivion

Dec 18, 2016 at 04:00 PM

133

avatar image

Hello operators,

in the last week I get on three different days no response from the SAP GUI Community. I select blogs and questions and I get nothing back, as you can see. Unfortunately my answers to questions are also lost, which I just wanted to save. The saving of the draft doesn't work. Today it starts at 09.45 a.m. GMT +1 (CET) until this afternoon. Do you have technical problems?

Thanks and cheers
Stefan

sapcommunity.jpg (89.3 kB)
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
* Please Login or Register to Answer, Follow or Comment.

2 Answers

Veselina Peykova
Dec 19, 2016 at 08:40 AM
1

What is the browser/version/OS, which you are using?

Similar issues have been reported by various members, including me (in my case the issue was present appeared only for http).

I opened the link in Pale Moon 27.0.3, Firefox ESR 45.6.0, IE11 - these are for Windows 7, 32-bit. I also tried in a very outdated Google Chrome on a different PC - 44.0.2403.155m, Windows 8 Enterprise, 64-bit - the content was displayed correctly.

What I noticed in Chrome, was a warning about obsolete cipher suite, TLS 1.2, AES_256_CBS with HMAC-SHA1 and ECDHE_RSA. I am not really a Chrome user, this browser is for testing purposes only, but I am wondering if this can be related to the display problem (I have no authorizations to play with Chrome settings to check myself).

Can you try with a different browser - a portable version?

Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded
Stefan Schnell
Dec 19, 2016 at 12:56 PM
0

Hello Veselina,

thanks for your reply. At the moment I use Google Chrome 55.0.2883.87, but earlier last week I use the version 54.?. In both cases I got this behaviour. If I get this behaviour again I will try it with IE 11 also. Both browsers work on Windows 7 x64.

Cheers
Stefan

Show 3 Share
10 |10000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

You can try also disabling some add-ons and script blockers, resetting a browser to its defaults and connecting via a different network, if possible.

There are a few free sites, which could show how a page looks in certain OS/browser combinations, but I don't know how reliable they are.

In my case - pages not working in http, I saw an interesting error, which does not appear in https:

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce your case - I have no access to Windows 7 64-bit with Google Chrome.

Maybe other forum members have this combination and can check whether your link works...

Or you can try accessing the content from tag or metadata pages... maybe some of these would work.

error1.jpg (119.8 kB)
1

Hello Veselina,

thank you very much for your reply.

At this moment I get the behaviour on the ABAP Connectivity Community and I open on Google Chrome 55 on Windows 8.1 the console:

I assume this is the same error as yours.

Also I tried IE 11.0.9600.18558, but the result is the same, no content:

Here I got the same error:

It seems independent from the browser and from the OS.

Cheers
Stefan

error.jpg (62.9 kB)
error2.jpg (86.5 kB)
error3.jpg (87.9 kB)
0

The strange part in my case was, that some forum members reported that the http link was working for the same or very similar browser/OS combinations. This is why I hope, that there is something else, a setting somewhere, which we can use.

Your first screenshot is for https, which works for me (but I have no 64-bit browser versions).

1