Skip to Content

Report responds when run as linked document from a report, however, fails when refreshed

I have created two reports a parent report and a report that is linked based on several parameters that are passed (target). The target runs and returns the expected results when run from the parent report, however, when I attempt to refresh the target report, it fails and causes a time out issue.

A search of the Q&A space indicates this was an issue resolved by 4.1 SP05 P8 and 4.1 SP7. We are currently running 4.1 SP8.

I attempted the suggested workaround (below) however, this just resulted in being unable to refresh the query at all.

Workaround: purge the report data including prompt value -> save and close the report -> login to BI lauchpad again and refresh the report.I did not get the error again. (discussion thread - 3716319)

I would certainly appreciate guidance to resolving this matter. Thanks Marea


wis-0000-error.gif (11.2 kB)
Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Dec 19, 2016 at 03:05 PM

    Can you save the report after purging all the data? See you still face the same issue.

    I was just googling your issue and a similar discussion catch my attention. See if it is similar to yours:

    https://archive.sap.com/discussions/thread/3163104

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Dec 19, 2016 at 10:48 PM

    Thanks for your response.

    Yes I can save the report after purging the data I purged the data, closed everything down (ie Launchpad). When I relaunched I couldn't refresh the report at all (it timed out). However, when it (the target) is run from the parent report it (target) runs as expected.

    I checked out the thread for 3163104, however, this does not match the issue we encounter.

    Thanks again for your advice - --- Still keen to find a solution to this issue. Thanks Marea

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded