Skip to Content

Matchcode - Update Type P

We are currently doing a technical upgrade from 4.5B to 4.7. Match codes that were created in 3.1H wer copied to 4.5 and we will now copy to 4.6.

Matchcode object is VMVA

Matchcode ids ZVMVA0 and ZVMVA1 were created with the pool tables M_VMVA0 and M_VMVA1 as the selection method.

These pool tables were deleted with the upgrade and I am not able to generate them in 4.7. I tried using program SAPMACO as well but same result. I don't have much experience creating matchcodes so not sure what steps I may have missed.

I would appreciate any help with this problem

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

1 Answer

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Feb 14, 2005 at 04:09 AM

    Hi Jill,

    I'm not too familiar with matchcodes either, but found something in the Documentation that might be of help to you..

    <i>Search helps were introduced with Release 4.0. Previously, input helps were defined by creating matchcodes and help views, but these did not provide as much functionality. When you upgrade to 4.x, these objects are converted to search helps with the same name (if necessary, the name is preceded with a Y or Z). The original objects remain in the system, but are now meaningless.</i>

    For futher information read this on Migration" target="_blank">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/3e/f3fc37eeb70143e10000009b38f8cf/content.htm">Migration of Matchcodes to Search Helps.

    Hope this helps a bit. Get back with further doubts, if any.

    Regards,

    Anand Mandalika.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Thanks Anand.

      My problem was that the table pools M_ were not being generated and I did not know why.

      I have since discovered the problem. Althought the matchcode object and matchcode id showed as active in the system, when I tried to reactivate them I found that a field that was missing from the matchcode object was still being referenced in the matchcode id. As soon as I inserted this field I was able to activate the matchcode objects and the matchcode ids. When I activated successfully the table pools M_VMVA, M_VMVA0 and M_VMVA1 were generated.

      Thanks again for your assistance.

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.