Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

R3 Master data source fields not appearing in extract structure

I am working in R3 and I am trying to append an extract structure with additional fields. The DataSource is the MARC table. The extract structure for the MARC table, and the one I am trying to append, is BIW_MARC_S. I have been told that this structure was automatically created by SAP when the master data was activated. I found during the append structure process that this extract structure does NOT have all of the fields contained in the MARC table. We have tried re-activating the master data for this table but these fields still do not appear in the structure. Can someone tell me what I need to do to get these fields in the extract structure? Thank you.

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

1 Answer

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Feb 09, 2005 at 09:58 PM

    This feature is new to me. In my 4.7 system, my BIW_MARC_S structure does not have all of the MARC fields just as you describe. In fact, BIW_MARC_S, has a field KOKRS that is not in MARC. So I suspect this is a specialized structure that may not meet your needs. Doing a where used, I found FM MDEX_MATERIAL_MD which has the comment

    • function acts as a S-API-compatible interface for the SD-extractor

    • MATERIAL_DYNAM_DATA_SELECTION

    You should probably reconsider changing this structure. Any reason why you cannot create your own?

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Thank you for your reply. I am also new to this feature. I have found that I can add new fields to the append structure and they will automatically appear in the DataSource. The problem is that I have 5 fields that are in both the MARC table and the Extract Structure (BIW_MARC_S), which includes the items from the append structure, but for some reason they do not appear in the DataSource. In talking to others here they have seen this happen before with datasources created for custom tables ("Z" tables) and their fix was to delete the datasource and recreate it. I do not want to do this for SAP supplied masterdata. I will have to check to see if I can create my own structure for this data - I would rather not but may have to. Thank you.

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.