Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Short dump - CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB during MODIFY statement

Hello Friends,

I am getting a short dump with exception CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB on MODIFY statement on database.

On further analysis I noticed that the (Z )transparent table on which MODIFY statement is executed is having 2 primary keys.

1. Delivery Number

2. Position Number.

The MODIFY statement gets executed successfully for FIRST RUN and updates record in Z-table.

During second run where Delivery number is SAME and position number is DIFFERENT(primary key is different than first run), system throws a short dump with exception CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB

My question is how can I avoid this short dump which is coming on second execution of MODIFY statement with different primary key?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Navin

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Aug 19, 2011 at 10:10 AM

    Normally the dump consists of 2 parts. One is the exception and another one is the name of runtime error.

    Please mention BOTH of them please.

    Example:

    Runtime Errors SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC

    Exception CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Aug 19, 2011 at 09:59 AM

    USe commit work after modify statement if you are updating it from work area each time.

    You can update whole internal table in one shot too with modify which will be faster, if it suits your need.

    If couldn't solve, Better paste your code to get more helpful answer.

    BR,

    Diwakar

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hello Diwakar,

      Thanks a lot for your reply. I'am already using commit work after this modify statement(after insertion of first record). However this doesnt resolve the problem.

      Any other suggestion is highly appreciated.

      Best Regards,

      Navin

  • Aug 25, 2011 at 08:24 AM

    Check in the Dump ST22 and system log SM21 for more information on the error, seems the error is returned by the database manager to SAP (eg. ORA-xxxxx for an oracle database)

    Regards,

    Raymond

    PS: And, please, close the thread when solved.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hello folks,

      Yes, the problem is solved now. I found that one of the field was exceeding the limits defined in the data element.

      I modified the calculation of that Z-field and problem is solved now.

      I really thank a lot to my fellow colleagues who spent their valuable time to answer my questions.

      Best Regards,

      Navin