Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Issue with SUIM after EHP5 Upgrade

Dear All,

We have recently upgraded our SAP System to EHP5, everything seems to be normal though.

1. When we do a search in SUIM under "Roles by Complex Selection Criteria" --> Transaction Code --> KSB9 and hit Execute we are popped up with about 1000+ Roles, however none of the roles list are assigned with this transaction.

2. When we do a similar search in SUIM under "Roles by Complex Selection Criteria" --> Authorization Object S_TCODE and set the value to KSB9 this work and provides with with a list of roles which has access to the Transaction code KSB9.

We tested the same in other system which is not yet upgraded to EHP5, we see that the system gives the correct list of roles by doing in the above mentioned two ways.

I have search in the market place to find a bug fix however no solution found.

Please advice for a fix.

Regards

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

3 Answers

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Aug 18, 2011 at 08:55 AM

    I think it's nothing to do with EHP5 upgrade

    i checked in 4.6C system and found same results!!

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Aug 18, 2011 at 10:14 AM

    Hi Sumanth,

    Refer and implement the applicable SAP Notes, which are published to resolve issues with SUIM report inconsistencies:

    Note 1575598 - SUIM RSUSR070 incorr. results when searching for transaction

    Note 1527861 - SUIM: Incorrect results when searching for auth. objects

    Note 1393940 - SUIM| Incorrect results when searching for profile and roles

    Regards,

    Raghu

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Aug 18, 2011 at 09:28 PM

    In addition to the pestilent SUIM program errors, you might be editing the roles via "Edit old status" and not "read old and merge with new".

    IMO SAP should remove this option to edit the old status... (and also record the profile data when releasing transports). It would spare us a lot of confusion.

    Cheers,

    Juluis

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.