Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Database is not available via R3trans

Hi,

We are moving the CI to the different server keeping the database on the same server, it is dual stack BI system, SCS instalaltion went fine, for the CI installation, we got to the error while bringing up the CI , it is not able to connect to the database

startsap r3

Checking BXT Database

-


Database is not available via R3trans

Database BXT must be started first

But

R3trans -d

This is R3trans version 6.14 (release 701 - 26.01.09 - 12:46:00).

unicode enabled version

R3trans finished (0000).

The trans.log doesn't give any error

The listener is up on the database and listening to the port as the R3trans -d went through.

Please let me know if there is anything can be done, i am banging my head for a week now, I have tried the profile parameters and resetting the db users passwords also.

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

9 Answers

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Aug 16, 2011 at 09:23 AM

    Try keeping the IP Address and host name of the new Sever same as the old CI server.

    Also try upgrading the kernel or copy the old file again. Sometime without no reason it gives error when you do such activity.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Aug 19, 2011 at 07:51 PM

    Thanks all for replying to the query,

    I was able to resolve the problem by making changes in the sidadm environment variables and copying the binaries to the cdD / exe directory.

    The database was already running and nothing need to be done at the client, database or startup script level.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Dear Vishal,

      I am facing the same issue. DB is up but i get error "Database is not available via R3trans".

      Please let me know what are the changes done to resolve the issue.

  • Posted on Aug 16, 2011 at 08:45 AM

    Hi,

    Could you please check logs in work directory (dev_ms, dev_disp or dev_w0) and also paste here ?

    Thanks

    Sunny

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Aug 16, 2011 at 09:31 AM

    Hi,

    Please ensure the parameter SAPDBHOST in the default profile is set to the database host.

    Also ensure the following environment variables are set.

    dbms_type=ORA

    dbs_ora_tnsname=<SID>

    dbs_ora_schema=SAP<SID>

    Br,

    Venky.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Aug 18, 2011 at 05:34 PM

    Hi,

    Thanks all for replying,

    The Dev logs are not generated as of now, so can't paste them,

    Copied the lastest version of kernel, but it didn't work.

    Put the tnsname and schema profile, dbms\type was already there, But it didn't work too.

    Any other suggestions

    VJ

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • did you check the environment variables of the <sid>adm user?

      one more thing: is the oracle client working? i think yes because R3trans is working.

      the next thing you can do is to analyze the startsap script. there you will see which variables are used and what is done with them.

      regards, martin

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Aug 19, 2011 at 07:46 PM

    Hi,

    Which database are you using?

    Secondly try starting the database and then issuing the command startsap pf=<path of the start profile>

    Thanks and Regards,

    Karan Shah

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Dec 07, 2013 at 05:06 AM

    Sandeep,

    Sometimes this error is also due to schema password not being sync

    Try resseting the SAPSR3 (schema) password through brtools and then check

    Regards

    Basit Shaikh

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on Dec 07, 2013 at 09:23 AM

    HI Vishal Jain ,

    try to resolve the hostname in hosts file in the following Directory In both nodes.

    /etc/hosts ==> linux

    or

    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

    for example

    Best Regards

    AhMeD IbRaHiM


    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Aug 25, 2016 at 06:38 AM

    Dear Vishal,

    This problem occures because of problem whith TNSlistener....database is working but sap can not see that...
    enter via oracle user ( su - oraSID ) and run lsnrctl start

    after that go to SIDadm and run startsap R3

    thats all

    Hope it will help in future to other users))

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded