Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Problem when filtering characteristics with key figures in the rows

Hi, I have a web report created with Web Application Designer. The key figures are in the rows and characteristics are in the columns. I use URL parameters (ex. FILTER_IOBJNM) to filter the characteristics. However, when I do this, the filtering comes out as expected, but the key figures gets moved to the columns.

I tried adding a "swap axis" command to the URL, but as the documentation says, FILTER_IOBJNM gets executed last. So, swap axis does not help.

Any ideas why the key figures get moved to the columns when I do a filter?

Thanks,

Audrey

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

4 Answers

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Feb 04, 2005 at 07:32 AM

    Hi,

    try to use the parameter filter_collapse= to your filter command.

    I don't quite understand what you described, but perhaps the following scenario applies:

    when you filter without the parameter the object which will be filtered will be moved out of the drill-down. If this is not allowed the system will automatically add the object again (this will be done with some default behaviour). With filter_collapse= the object won't be moved out.

    http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/59/edfe395dd76846e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

    Heike

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Feb 03, 2005 at 09:39 PM

    Anyone? Help, please.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      We have many reports like that but it does not happend like that , It exactly shows how the data provider(Query/view) shows in the Bex. are you trying to filter on the chreaterstics which are in columns.

      MB

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Feb 07, 2005 at 06:50 PM

    In my original post, I used the wrong terminology. I think it's more accurate to say that I have key figures in the rows and characteristics in the columns. I want to filter the key figures (display a subset of key figures). But when I use FILTER_IOBJNM to do the filtering, the key figures that were previously in the rows gets moved to the columns.

    Thanks.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Feb 07, 2005 at 10:02 PM

    Heike,

    Using FILTER_COLLAPSE worked. Thank you very much.

    Audrey

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.