We are trying to set some standards for divesting a company. We dont know if the current process is the most efficient or not. It requires a lot of work.
1. Post pre-divest transactions in FI e.g clearing interco balances and cash
2. Exctract data into BCS and get the trial balance
3. Post divest activities in FI i.e. zero out the trial balance of the divest company
4. Set up the divest date of the company in the master data
5. Zero out the investment in AFD. We dont zero out the equity in AFD
6. Extract data into BCS and run through PCGC and the rest of the tasks.
7. Remove the company from the hierarchy in the following year
We dont know if this is SAP's standard way of divesting a company. Any ideas will be appreciated.