Hi ESS/MSS Gurus,
I am a newbie workflow consultant currently working on enabling ESS-MSS for a client. In summary, here are their requirements:
1. Leave Requests and Clock In/Out Corrections - Upon initiation of employee request, the work item is sent to the manager for approval. Regardless of the decision (either approve or reject), the employee will be notified via an email notification
2. Sick Leave Requests - upon initiation of employee request, the work item is sent to the company doctor for approval. Regardless of the decision (either approve or reject), both the employee and his/her immediate manager will be notified via an email notification
Here are some details regarding how I went about it:
1. Leave Requests and Clock In/Out Corrections - Created a copy of workflow WS12300111 and included send mail steps after TS12300097 (Approval Process) to notify the work item initiators.
2. Sick Leave Request - Created a copy of workflow WS12300111 and included send mail steps after TS12300097 (Approval Process). The approval process is pointed to the Position Company Doctor. After which a step was inserted after the approval process which uses a customized method (using FM SWX_GET_MANAGER) to determine the employee's manager. Then send mail steps are executed for the employee and the manager
3. Clock Corrections and Sick Leave/Leave Requests belong to the same Rule Group
During testing in our sandbox client I was able to successfully test all of the workflows. However, when I migrated the changes into our pseudo-QA system, I cannot launch the Sick Leave workflow from ESS. I encountered the following errors in PTARQ (standard leave request and clock in/out correction are ok):
1. Scenario 1: applied leave coincides with the working time of the employee
"Document created with information: P2 848: Absence encompasses planned work time
2. Scenario 2: when only the total nmber of hours is entered for the applied sick leave date
"No document created: HRTIM_ABS_REQ 094 Indentical clock times were adjusted, Check the entries"
3. Scenario 3: applied leavedoues not coincide with the working time
"Document created with warning" HRTIM00BLPRETRO 001 Time entry triggers retroactive accounting in payroll"
For all cases, no work item was created in the back end.
I would like to tap unto your wealth of knowledge and experience on how to address such errors. I need to determine if this is a misstep in the workflow, HCM, or ESS/MSS configuration to better isolate the errors.
Your immediate response is highly appreciated.