Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

BOE.war redeployed, java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find framework

Hi there,

We have installed BOBJ 4.0 and everything was working 100%. Then we followed the Windows AD Single Sign-on config in the Admin Guide, and on page 257 it says that you have to redeploy the BOE.war. After doing this the BOE application doesn't work anymore. We could get to the Tomcat main page (http://server:8080), and I could see the list of deployed applications from here, but when you try to access the BOE apps (http://server:8080/BOE or BOE/CMC), then we get a URL error with this error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find framework

Does anyone have any ideas?

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jul 15, 2011 at 08:48 AM

    Ok, I have removed folder \Tomcat6\work\Catalina\localhost and restarted Tomcat. This resulted in the localhost folder being recreated again, but afterwards I still had an issue. So next step was to rename \Tomcat6\webapps folder to webapps.old and create a new (empty) webapps folder. Restarted Tomcat again and then it started building this folder as well. Now the BOE apps work again.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      I ran into the same "java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not find framework" error when I tried to access the CMC right after I applied patch 11 for BI Platform 4.0 SP02.

      The steps that you listed fixed the error. For anyone else who tries this, it took about an hour for the system to rebuild the localhost and webapps folders so be patient.

      Thanks a lot for the posting.

      Rex

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jul 15, 2011 at 09:06 AM

    As per comments

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Aug 02, 2012 at 02:48 PM

    I have find another solutions that works in our environment (your solution works as well)

    In our case we didn't stop tomcat before deploying webapps with wdeploy tool, so I think that it was the cause of the problem, so to solve this, we followed the following steps:

    1. stop apache and tomcat
    2. undeployall
    3. deployall
    4. start apache and tomcat

    hope this helps

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded