Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

SAP TAO 2.0.5.0 Problem - Not Generating XML Reports for Execution Results

Hi,

I have SAP TAO 2.0.5.0 installed. I am not sure which setting in the Configuration/Cbase Config Option/RTL file did I mess up with but now I am not getting the ReportLog.xml file created anymore

In the test execution results which are locally being saved on the PC, i only have DebugLog.txt and LOG.XSLT files created along with a folder named "Images" for capturing the test execution screenshots

I did analyze the RTL file CBASE_Foundation_Reports.vbs and the first commented line of this file is as below:-

' TAO Reporting features can be enabled/disabled thanks to the ENABLE_HTML_LOG

' options of the CBASE.Config file.

however when i checked the CBASE.Config file, there is no Initialization variable named ENABLE_HTML_LOG. And then when I added it, the SAP TAO self checked failed given to the modified CBASE_Foundation_Reports.vbs file.

Can anyone please let me know what exactly could be wrong here?

Regards

Avijit

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

1 Answer

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jun 17, 2011 at 02:06 PM

    Hi,

    I am trying to understand your issue but can you chek /see if settings are correct.

    i) i am hoping you created a 'LOG' folder under 'SAPTAORTL folder and your connections are correct .

    Configuration->RTL -> SAPTAORTL

    ii) Right click on My Computer and go to Envi. variables , check your 'FF_QTP_LOG" path is correct , actually it comes default.

    iii) In self check, are you getting any errros? if not, can you go to 'Configuration ->LOG and view the log and see what is the error message you are getting and can you share.Based on that we may have some idea what will be the issue.

    And also, i suggest when ever you get any errors, first check your LOG then you investigate.

    Thanks,

    Ram

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hi All,

      the issue got resolved after communicating with SAP Support. The issue was resolved by doing two things. Firstly, removing the file CBASE_INIT.vbs.txt from the application area SAPDOC and disabling the firewall or configuring the firewall to allow accessing <Current User>\App Data\Temp location.

      Now the execution report is getting successfully generated in xml format. You can reach me if you face similar issue and need resolution

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.