Skip to Content

Excel 2010 Corruption Issue

Hi Gurus,

Has anyone experienced any issues with templates saved under Excel 2010?

We are on BPC NW 7.5 SP6, and just lost a few days work on a couple of templates, where the files exist in the server, but cannot be opened. Nothing happens when you try to open from excel interface. I tried downloading the files using UJFS and then open them after unzipping, but get the message that file format is not recognized.

The files were saved as xltm extension. Is that the best practice to use this extension.

How do we prepare to avoid a similar repetition in future?

Thanks

Sunil

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

3 Answers

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jun 13, 2011 at 06:36 PM

    Hi Sunil,

    Please check if you have saved XLTM extension in your web client parameters settings.

    If not you will be not able to use this extension.pls check.

    Regards,

    SAnjeev

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jun 13, 2011 at 07:28 PM

    Hi all,

    We are having exactly the same issue with xltm extension. We have adjusted the appset parameteres but get no results. We are still not able to open the input schedules.

    Any idea?

    Kind regards,

    Virginia

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      We are on SP07 now and had that same issue. We like the .XLTM since it will keep the custom macros we have created. Unfortunately, when a workbook does not open properly from the company file we had to open it up from the local BPC directory while not connected to BPC. For example:

      C:\Users\firstname.lastname\Documents\PC_NW\...

      After that we were able to re-save the same file, logged back into BPC, opened these files locally and then re-saved them to the company file. This seemed to fix it on our end.

  • Posted on Jun 13, 2011 at 09:56 PM

    Thank you, all. Our problem is resolved and the solution was very simple.

    One of our experts was able to make the file to work after saving it as an xlsfile(2003 Version). Thereafter, we are able to save it back as an xltm type. Even the task of saving it can be a little tricky, where you get errors or warnings.

    I hope everyone reading this can keep it as a trick up your sleeve.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.