Dear BASIS Gurus n Experts,
Can we configure the mail services on SAP without having a exchange/mail Server.
For this I have tries following but it is not working:
In Systems Default profile I have added: icm/server_port_1 PROT=SMTP,PORT=25,TIMEOUT=180, than
1. Used transaction SCOT
2. From top menu: View -> System Status
3. Double Click on SMTP
4. In Pop window entered description
5. Ticked on "Node in use" box
6. Entered the SMTP server name
7. Entered port 25
8. Clicked on the button next to Internet called "Set"
9. On next window Enter the * in "address area" box.
10. Click Continue --> Continue buttons to exit the main window
11. From top menu: Settings -> Default Domain enter the domain name as "companyname.com"
12. Now defined the job to process the mail, from top menu: View -> Jobs
13. From top menu: Job -> Create
14. Enter a name as SMTP
15. Click on "INT" in the list then "Schedule job" button
16. Entered start date and time, then click on "Schedule Periodically" button
17. Entered 10 minutes.
Now I create a message in workplace, and send it to a mail id but get an error message:
Definately cannot transfer message to node SMTP due to connection error
Please Guide me where I am wrong.
Thanks in advance. Early response will be highly appreciated.