Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Problems with dispatchers after upgrading to SP5

Hi

We have just updated our productive environment to IdM 7.1 SP5. Apparantly everything works as expected, but for some reason the provisioning queue is just growing and growing. Jobs and provisionings are not executed. When checking the dispatchers, they seem to be running, and the "Last requested" timestamp is updated as normally. I log on to the server and stop and start the dispatcher. Then the provisioning queue is starting to be processed - but only for a few minutes. Then everything stalls again and I ahve to stop/start the dispatcher once again. The same thing happens: Everything performs just fine for a few minutes, then it stalls again.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

This is a very serious issue for us, since we cannot stop/start the dispatchers in the productive environment every two minutes 😊

Kind regards

Heidi Kronvold

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

5 Answers

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on May 30, 2011 at 05:38 PM

    Additional information: We have installed SP5 patch level 4 (downloaded on May 11)

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Posted on May 31, 2011 at 03:47 PM

    Heidi,

    What happens if you start the dispatcher in test mode and let it run for a bit? You might pick up some information there. You might also look at piping the disparcher output to a file as well.

    Go to the command prompt and enter <dispatcher name>.bat TEST

    Matt

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jun 19, 2011 at 07:38 PM

    Hi,

    There is a checkbox for automatic startup of dispatcher under Managemant\Dispatchers\<name of the dispatcher>

    also check the value for check frequency and reload frequency.

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jul 12, 2011 at 05:51 PM

    Hi Heidi Kronvold

    I am having the same issue with the dispatchers stalling after few minutes or provisioning and i have to restart them.

    Can you please share with me what you did to fix this?

    Thanks a lor

    Lahcen

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi Lahcen

      SAP gave us a new jar file called mxopenspml.jar. After replacing the existing jar-file with this one, the problem was solved for all the java provisionings. On the ABAP side some things were also changed by recommendation from SAP, but I was not quite as involved in this part of the problem, so I cannot give you any detailed information. My advise for you and anyone else who experience similar problems would be to contact SAP and have them deliver the same changes, that they gave us. I believe it will be part of the next SP - I believe I saw somewhere that SP6 might be released W29.

      Kind regards

      Heidi Kronvold

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Jul 14, 2011 at 07:15 PM

    Hi Heidi

    Thank you very much. you desrve some points for this one

    Lahcen

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.