Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Duplicate records with HR

I'm loading HR master data and get a lot of errors because of overlapping time-dependant data. This happens a lot with the Org Structure and Person. I found an OSS for Org struc that seems to have helped, but I've found no fix for Person. I'm trying to understand whether its because the customer has used time types in HR incorrectly or whether its something else.

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Related questions

3 Answers

  • Best Answer
    author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Nov 18, 2004 at 11:18 AM

    Hi Anthony,

    did you try loading to 'only PSA' in your infopackage and after successful load schedule the next package for updating the infoobject from PSA. We had a similar problem and this solved it.

    regards

    Siggi

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Siggi, yes, I did try loading to the PSA then the object (I also tried skipping the PSA) not so much because of the duplicates problem but more because I also had some timeouts in R3 in SM58. Effectively I think doing that did also help with the duplicates. It would be interesting to know why that makes a difference.

      I also used the option to ignore double data records in the infopackage, but, as far as I'm aware, this is not apt for HR data.

      Thanks.

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Nov 18, 2004 at 01:20 PM

    To identify the errors, why not change the error handling on the infopackage to allow valid records but capture the error records in the PSA. Should make it a little easier to analyse the bad data.

    Regards,

    Pete

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Nov 26, 2004 at 03:52 PM

    Hello Anthony,

    overlapping time-dependant data in HR:

    regarding my experience there are two main causes:

    - incorrect data in the SAP R/3

    HR infotypes and HRP-tables due to migration,

    interfaces

    - programming errors in customer exit of extraction

    or customer data sources

    Please check your datasources (business content or modification), user exit (ZXRSAU02 in SAP R/3 HR) and

    of course the data in the SAP R/3 HR system.

    In PSA you can identify the objects (pernr, orgunit..) which causes the problem.

    Best regards

    Lothar

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Lothar, I'm working in an environment that has never had any BW before: we just installed BW, activated the content and ran the loads. So I think your first explanation (incorrect data) is the right one. But before telling the customer to fix it, I want to make sure that I didn't miss setting some parameters somewhere.

      By the sounds of it, I didn't...

      Thanks for your help!

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.