Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Severance overpayment adjustment

Hi Experts

My client accidently overpaid severance payment to the employee. Please can you advice how it can be adjusted and reversed in next payroll run.

Please do let me know your inputs and views.I really appreciate it.



Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

1 Answer

  • Posted on May 10, 2011 at 10:02 AM

    Hello Leo,

    For which authority you have given Overpayment of Severance Payment, whether that particular authority has any Exempt amount, say example Alabama has exempt to first 25000$, for North Carolina has exempt to first 35000$. What is the amount you have paid through Serverance Payment, how much is overpayment, for which authority, whether you have given exemption for the first limit in your payroll, how did you handled it in payroll by giving the first exempt amount, how much tax deducted for the overpayment amount etc, kindly explain in detail.

    With Regards,


    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.