Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

RFC Call from R/3 to XI

Hi there,

I get the following error message with RFC Sender Adapter (R/3 4.6C to XI 3.0):

"lookup of binding via CPA-cache failed for AdapterType RFC, AdapterNS".

We are currently on SP9 and i have checked both OSS notes on this topic (730870,775765)

Does anyone have any ideas on this one?

Regards,

Ginish

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

2 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Posted on Nov 05, 2004 at 08:11 PM

    Hi Ginish,

    do you have configured Sender Agreement from your Business System?

    Jiri

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Sender Agreement has been defined! Thanks

      I can see the XML message in the XI XML Monitor however it does not trigger the BPM.

      What should the (Message Interface) TYPE be in the container operation be in the first recieve step? I have imported the RFC into XI as Z_BC_CASH, it has a request/response message type.

      Should the first recieve step be sync or asynch? I have tried both ways and get a similiar error from the XML Monitor. "The calling of synchrounous messages not supported"

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Dec 08, 2004 at 10:26 PM

    Hi - Did you find a solution to your problem? We running SP9 of XI 3.0 too. RFC function module to XI with Dest of XI box. Our error is -> lookup of binding via CPA-cache failed for AdapterType RFC, AdapterN.

    Any Idea?

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hello Jiri,

      I'm well aware of the procedure listed.

      My post is not related to the change in the RFC structure. It is only about the change in the "name of the Function Module/RFC Pgm" on the R/3.

      I understand that the RfcAdapter uses the following values for the lookup to find a Sender Agreement for the RFC call:

      1.Sender Party/Sender Service

      2.Sender Interface: Name of the function module.

      3.Sender Namespace

      4.Receiver Party/Receiver Service (if empty will match with wildcard '*')

      And if anyone of the above is wrong/missing then the error :com.sap.aii.af.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: lookup of binding via CPA-cache failed..." or "com.sap.aii.af.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: senderAgreement not found: lookup of binding via CPA-cache failed..." occurs.

      In our case, One of our ABAP developers had inadvertently changed the name of the RFC program when he was transporting from DEV to TST environment. since the "name of the function module" did not match during lookup, the error occured.

      -Sridhar

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.