Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Cannot connect to license server

We are having a problem running SAP on only one of our client computers. The users computer is XP and the only thing that has changed about the computer since it was working yesterday is he updated his antivirus software.

I have tried re-booting SAP, restarting the TAO NT naming service and restarting the license manager.

I have also tried turning off his antivirus and his firewall as well as the firewall on the SAP server, but his computer still cannot find the License Server. Everyone else in the office is working as normal.

His computer is mapped to the SAP server and can connect, but when you go to choose a company no companies show up. The license server is not found by the computer name or ip address.

The same error comes up when we try to run a program using DIAPI on this users computer.

Add a comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Assigned Tags

Related questions

3 Answers

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on May 04, 2011 at 11:02 PM

    Hi,

    What is your B1 version and PL?

    Thanks,

    Gordon

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on May 05, 2011 at 11:28 AM

    Hi

    Just open a file

    C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One\Conf\b1-local-machine.xml

    and search your server name is actual or not ??

    - <leaf kind="single" name="LicEventTimeOutSecs" type="ULong">
      <value>140</value> 
      </leaf>
      </node>
    - <node name="SAP Business One">
    - <leaf kind="single" name="LicenseServer" type="String">
      <value>*10.91.5.6:30000*</value> 
      </leaf>
      </node>
      </node>
    

    if it other kindly change as save it....

    Thanks

    Kevin

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on May 05, 2011 at 08:05 PM

    I tried that, as well as uninstalling SAP B1, deleting lingering directories, wiping the registry of "SAP Business One" traces, and reinstalling with the same result. At this point I'm getting desperate. I've been unable to log on to SAP for a week. Any attempt to log on with my user name and password produces a License Server Selection dialog box. Any attempt to enter the server name or IP address generates:

    Connection to license server failed; if license server address is invalid, correct it; If TAO NT naming service stopped, activate it and restart license manager. [message 60070-68]

    Windows is mapped to the correct server (I used it to reinstall), and I have verified that ports 30000 and 30001 resolve to the SAP server. Regardless, It's as though the SAP B1 cannot see the SAP server while everything else can.

    I'd like to tell you my B1 version, but I cannot get far enough into the app to determine that.

    Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm desperate.

    Edited by: Roger Lockhart on May 5, 2011 10:06 PM

    Add a comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering, please include specifics, such as step-by-step instructions, context for the solution, and links to useful resources. Also, please make sure that you answer complies with our Rules of Engagement.
You must be Logged in to submit an answer.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MB each and 10.5 MB total.