Skip to Content

SUP + BlackBerry: No definition found for exported static routine: .main

Hi developers,

I'm trying to use SUP Workspace 1.5.2 to generate code for a BB Device application and then edit the code in RIM BB IDE.

I somehow managed to get the generated code to compile in BB IDE (I have opened a different thread on that) but the point is:

when I deploy the app to BB simulator the application is not visibile.

Actually when packaging the application, BB IDE warns that:

Warning!: No definition found for exported static routine: .main(String[])

This means that there's no main method in the application and it cannot be started by BB runtime.

Searching in the generated code proves that actually there's no main method in the generated code.

How is this supposed to work?

Thanks ,regards

Vincenzo

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

1 Answer

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    May 03, 2011 at 07:04 AM

    Please try to add your own java file which can run the generated code.

    For the detailed info, please refer to sybooks.

    Tutorial: BlackBerry Application

    Development using Custom Development

    Sybase Unwired Platform 1.5.2

    For example, suppose your mbo is named as SUP101, then it will have automated generated class as SUP101DB.java.

    public final class CustomerSample extends UiApplication

    {

    public static void main(String[] args)

    {

    // login to sync

    SUP101DB.loginToSync("supAdmin", "s3pAdmin");

    // Create a new instance of the application

    CustomerSample app = new CustomerSample();

    // Make the currently running thread the application's event

    // dispatch thread and begin processing events.

    app.enterEventDispatcher();

    }

    .......

    }

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Hi, thanks for your kind reply

      In the end the problem is as follows:

      BOBUIController.java is the Entry Point for the device application but I couldn't find it as it was in a different location than what the manual stated.

      Actually this file is not generated, it's always the same as it is some kind of standard controller

      After finding it and including it in the project everything went smoothly

      Thanks, regards

      Vincenzo