Skip to Content
author's profile photo
Former Member

SAP APO-BI data extraction inconsistency

Hello All,

I am trying to extract the DP planning area data by creating a 9AXXXXX datasource. However, when I check the extract in RSA3, one of the Key figure value shows 0 while the same Key Figure has a non zero value in the Planning Book/Data View. All the rest of the Key Figures values are extracted correctly.

We have tried re-generating the datsource, but still no luck in extracting that one KF. Also, I ran RSA3 in de-bug mode and still, the Key Figure value appears as 0.

There are no macros acting on this Key Figure that might affect the way it is extracted nor is this Key Figure an auxiliary Key figure.

Re-initializing the planning area at this moment is not an option as we are in the middle of UAT testing.

Can someone please shed some light on this issue.

Thanks.

KP

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • author's profile photo
    Former Member
    Posted on Apr 27, 2011 at 10:39 PM

    Hi,

    Can you please tell me what is the value that you see in the planning area?

    Also, you have mentioned that, you have generated the data source, Did you try extracting it using the Info Package till PSA of the data source?

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • author's profile photo
    Former Member
    Posted on Apr 28, 2011 at 12:03 PM

    Hi Naren,

    The value that I am seeing in the planning area for the Demand Key Figure is 425 for a particular period (10/2010) and the same Key Figure value in RSA3 extract in the exact same period is 0.

    No, I haven't tried to extract the values further as the extract values in the source system are incorrect, so no point going further.

    Thanks.

    KP

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hi KP,

      Could you see all the Characteristics in RSA3, the same as what you see in PA.

      The possible chances could be:

      1. The data is not even showing up for extraction

      2. The data gets negated while getting displayed in RSA3.

      To identify either of these.. i would suggest to create an Info Package and try extracting the data till PSA of the data source only for that period and that specific part number. This should be a simple activity.

      - Naren

  • Posted on May 05, 2011 at 12:46 AM

    Hi,

    Can you please check if there is any exit or code written on the key figure or

    when you enter the planning data, is that key figure mapped properly.

    thanks

    Srikanth

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded