some consultants asked me (through another channel) how the installation can be kept as short as possible.
Here an installation sequence i have tried successfully:
(1) OS: Solaris 8, JDK: 1.4.2_05
(2) Installation: WebAS 6.40 (J2EE) SP3
(3) Upgrade to: WebAS 6.40 (J2EE) SP4
(4) Installation: Portal EP 6.0 SP3
(5) Upgrade to: WebAS 6.40 (J2EE) SP8
(6) Upgrade to: Portal EP 6.0 SP7
(7) Installation: KM & Col. SP4
(8) Upgrade to: KM & Col. SP7
Compared with the installation sequence we had until now, you can save three major steps and of course much time!
Advantage also: NW SP Stack 05 of Portal platform is completed (do functionality checks, etc); Afterwards you proceed with KMC to the same NW SP Stack level.
Please note: I struggled with an upgrade to SP8 before Portal SP3 installation. This works actually not.
Hope that helps outthere. Please feel free to spend some points if you like. 😉
Thanks and best regards,