Little question about the custom menu design in BPC 7.5.
BPC 7.5 apparently leaves out the old "custom view toolbar" which could be configured by defining a 'CVLIST' variable for the Menu Contents. In no way it is possible to retrieve this bar; we have this confirmed by SAP.
Thus a workaround is in place:
- we created a column ext to the menu that will display description for selected members in the current view
- we use the EVCVW() funtion to retrieve the member as a reference (hidden)
- we use the EVDES() function to display
When the custom menu is opened, the formula's calculate properly and thus the EVDES() is displayed as is.
When the current view is changed, the cells seem static: the change is not calculated by EVCVW nor EVDES
- Does the custom menu disable workbook.calculation by default?
- If yes, in which module? Can we disable this?
- If no, any idea how we can trigger current view information within the custom menu sheet?