I need to perform shell creation. I have never done this and need help with step by step instructions.
I need to refresh my my development system with a TDMS shell creation from production client in production system.
I am familiar with TDTIM and performed many TDTIM copies. I have gone throught the master and operational guides for TDMS also.
I would try to list down my understanding so far after reading the guides.
Please correct me if I am wrong ang also suggest correct steps.
1. All my three systems (central, sender and receiver) are ready from installation point of with with authorizations and latest SPs.
2. I log into Central/Control system and start a new package "ERP Shell creation package for AP Release higher 4.6 "
3. AS I have never executed this option I do not know what are the stps inside it.
But I assume I should be asked for the source client details from which shell needs to be creates. (000 or pruduction client)
What type of shell : slave or master?
4. During the shell creation from sender system client, is there a downtime for sender system.
5. Once the shell creation is done an export dump will created.
6. I perform all the preprocessing steps of a homogenous system copy on the receiver systems.
7. Stop receiver system, start sapinst database instance installation with homogenous system copy with R3load option.
8. Provide the export dump location to sapinst.
9. After database instance is installed, perform system copy specific post processing steps.
10. Afte the system is ready it has only one client 000 now available in development system and i need to create a new cleint from 000 which will act as my new development cleint.
I request all you experts to please provide your comments at the earliest as activity would be starting from 5th of this month.