Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

TableView with Icon and lineedit

Hello,

can somebody help me?!

Situation:

I’ve an internal table decisiontab with three fields.

• zmoppid

• zmdeciflag (‘X’ or space)

• deci_image (s_s_ledg.gif or s_s_ledr.gif) -> dependent of zmdeciflag

[The images are in my application (mimes)]

I want to create a TableView on my bsp with a checkbox for zmdeciflag. The checkbox should be capable for editing.

Example for the internal table:

zmoppid zmdeciflag deci_image

100400 X s_s_ledg.gif

100401 s_s_ledr.gif

One of my test-code: (layout)

[code]

<htmlb:tableView id = "decisiontab"

headerText = "Decision View"

headerVisible = "true"

table = "<%= decisiontab %>"

visibleRowCount = "15"

onHeaderClick = "MyEventHeaderClick"

onRowSelection = "MyEventRowSelection"

sort = "SERVER"

design = "alternating"

selectionMode = "lineedit" >

<htmlb:tableViewColumns>

<htmlb:tableViewColumn columnName="zmoppid" >

</htmlb:tableViewColumn>

<htmlb:tableViewColumn columnName = "zmdeciflag"

edit = "true"

type = "user" >

<htmlb:checkbox checked="$ZMDECIFLAG$" >

</htmlb:checkbox>

</htmlb:tableViewColumn>

<htmlb:tableViewColumn columnName = "deci_image"

type = "image" >

<htmlb:image id = "deci_image"

src = "$DECI_IMAGE$" />

</htmlb:tableViewColumn>

</htmlb:tableViewColumns>

</htmlb:tableView>

[/code]

Result: The page can not display.

[code]

<htmlb:tableView id = "decisiontab"

headerText = "Decision View"

headerVisible = "true"

table = "<%= decisiontab %>"

visibleRowCount = "15"

onHeaderClick = "MyEventHeaderClick"

onRowSelection = "MyEventRowSelection"

sort = "SERVER"

design = "alternating"

selectionMode = "lineedit" >

<htmlb:tableViewColumns>

<htmlb:tableViewColumn columnName="zmoppid" >

</htmlb:tableViewColumn>

<htmlb:tableViewColumn columnName = "zmdeciflag"

type = "user" >

<htmlb:checkbox checked="$ZMDECIFLAG$" >

</htmlb:checkbox>

</htmlb:tableViewColumn>

<htmlb:tableViewColumn columnName = "deci_image"

edit = "true"

type = "image" >

<htmlb:image id = "deci_image"

src = "s_s_ledg.gif" />

</htmlb:tableViewColumn>

</htmlb:tableViewColumns>

</htmlb:tableView>

[/code]

Result:

In this case I’ve set deci_image always ‘s_s_ledg.gif’ and the page can display.

But this is not what I want.

An other problem:

When I choose one line in the column zmdeciflag, just the checkbox in the first line change their activity and not that one, which I choose.

Resume - two problems:

1. Display two different images (dependent from an other field) in a TableView

2. Change more then the fist line in a TableView

Does anybody know about this problem.

Thanks for any advice or path for more information.

Kind Regards

Petra

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • Best Answer
    Aug 17, 2004 at 01:55 PM

    Hi Petra,

    the $$ replacement technique is rather old and won't be supported anymore (at least in Design2003). Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

    Why don't you use a tableview iterator instead of the htmlb:tableviewColumn tags and the $$ replacements?

    Just search in this forum for "Tableview Iterator" and/or read the blogs by Brian:

    /people/brian.mckellar/blog/2003/10/31/bsp-programming-htmlb-tableview-iterator

    /people/brian.mckellar/blog/2003/10/30/bsp-programming-bsp-element-expressions-bees

    and you will see a really nice technique to render a tableview. Try it. If you have problems you will always find a helping hand in this forum.

    Regards,

    Rainer

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hi Craig, hi Rainer,

      thanks for your very helpful informations.

      My TableView looks now in such a way, as I presented it to me.

      Now I have a new problem with the inquiry of the inputs. For this I open a new topic because the actual problem is solved.

      Kind regards

      Petra

      Message was edited by: Petra Adomeit

      Message was edited by: Petra Adomeit

  • Aug 17, 2004 at 12:18 PM

    Hallo Petra,

    While we are looking at your source to see the problem, maybe you could look at your previous Radiobutton: Change the 'checked' radiobutton -> Both are 'checked'!.

    ++bcm

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member

      Hello Brian,

      I want to solved my last problem, but I get always the following message: Rewarding the message failed.

      Kind regards

      Petra

      -


      Message was edited by: Brian McKellar

      Have informed SDN team.