Skip to Content
author's profile photo Former Member
Former Member

Netweaver Dev Studio: Character Encoding Problem

Hi all!

I've migrated a EP5 Project to EP6 and it worked fine. Now I'm working on another workstation and while trying to open a java-file of migrated project I got

"Error Encoding Problem, this file is unreading using the UTF-8 character encoding".

The java-file contains german characters like "ä".

I'm using SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio Version: 2.0.5

Build id: 200404200353

Does anyone know, how to set Character Encoding in NetWeaver Developer Studio?

Thank You

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

1 Answer

  • author's profile photo Former Member
    Former Member
    Posted on Aug 03, 2004 at 07:33 AM

    I've found the solution:

    Changing the encoding used to show the source

    To change the encoding used by the Java editor to display source files:

    With the Java editor open, select Edit > Encoding from the menu bar

    Select an encoding from the menu or select Others and, in the dialog that appears, type in the encoding's name.

    Note: this setting affects only the way the source is presented.

    To change the encoding that the Java editor uses when saving files, specify a text file encoding preference on Window > Preferences > Workbench > Editors.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded