Skip to Content

new SAPUI5 updat to 1.42 has odata bug "Invalid Parameters..."

The new version of SAPUI5 1.40 or 1.42 has issue when using the filters to read data e.g.

It will return this error:

Invalid Parameter Type Used At Function ‘eq’ (Position 13)

Because of missing quotes for the filter value in the URL in the oData HTTP request:

$filter(Whsenumber eq 110 and TransOrd eq 2499125)

So if i try 2nd time read for same code without any changes it will work because the quotes get added without known reason:

$filter(Whsenumber eq '110' and TransOrd eq '2499125')

The issue happen sometimes and it is hard to know when will it happen.

Please help me it is causing many production issues?

read.png (15.1 kB)
Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

4 Answers

  • Dec 16, 2016 at 01:18 PM

    I FOUND WORK ARROUND THIS ISSUE

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Dec 16, 2016 at 01:18 PM

    THE WORK AROUND IS TO ADD HALF SECOND WAIT TIME DELAY BEFORE CALLING THE FUNCTION TO CALL ODATA GET.

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Apr 11 at 07:44 AM

    Hi momen,

    Super....Exactly the problem i am facing....How did you add the time wait ? Also in my case the strange part is it works on Dev but not on Acceptance.

    Please advice.

    Br

    Nilesh Puranik

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Apr 13 at 03:32 PM

    I used jQuery.sap.delayedCall UI5 API method to wrap the oData read call as below:

    jQuery.sap.delayedCall(500, this, function() {
       //oData GET request
       oModel.read("/Path",{
         
       });
    });
    

    Then I moved the oData response results to a json model bound to the control.

    This UI5 bug caused a lot of Prod issues for customer. and the funny part is the customer using the SAP Cloud Portal so UI5 is always the updated latest version :)

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded