Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

BW Extract Structure Transfer from BWD to BWQ

I am having problems with the extract structure of a datasource which is defined and activated on BWD(Development) system but does

not exist on BWQ(Quality) system. This datasource is not meant to be defined on the R/3 side.

The datasource I am dealing with is called 8ZPRO_DOCM.

Funcional guys have decided to have a Direct InfoSource (ZPRO_DOC) and a flexible InfoSource (Z8ZPRO_DOC).

The Extract Structure /BIC/CE8ZPRO_DOCM is the basis for this datasource.

The problem is that this extract structure exists on BWD, but not on BWQ.

I have re-transported the datasource and trasnfer rules in one request from BWD to BWQ. But the Extract Structure was not transported with it.

The Development Class (Package) of the Datasource is Z** one and easily transportable.

The Development Class (Package) of this Extract structure is $TMP!

I have tried to change this package and transport it individually from BWD to BWQ.

But I did not succeed as the system required a Package name beginning with /BIC/ and not the Z* Package that we use here for all other objects.

Any idea is welcome.

Thanks in advance,


Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Follow
  • Get RSS Feed

2 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 27, 2004 at 12:04 PM


    Try to generate the Export Datasource in BWQ and then retransport the datasource from BWD with the overwrite option.


    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Jun 30, 2004 at 07:26 AM


    you have to Transfer Application Component Hierarchy also in the BWQ system (SBIW). Afterwards you have to replicate the DataSources for the source system BWQ in the transaction RSA1. There you will find a hierarchy called DM, where you should find your DataSource after reimporting. If not you have to change also your settings so you can see generated objects in RSA1.


    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded