I created a file store to HCP DB tasks using HCI DS and vice versa it worked fine. Then tried File to File tasks which also worked fine. These were simple scenarios
I wanted some ETL functionality to test and was not able to achieve using HCI DS.
1. When Moving data from flat file to HCP DB. I was not able to perform lookups on any column in the flat file with a table in HCP DB. The data store for HCP did not even show up ! Only the flat files data store showed up. !!! How to solve this?
2. As a work around I thought of this solution - Store data in a temp table in HCP and then perform lookup and insert data into actual table. - This too dint work out ! - I was not able to select the HCP DB as both source and target. If I select in source the all data stores realted to HCP disappear in the target ! Same applies vice versa.
1. HCP DB connection data store and imported tables
2. choosing flat file as source:
3. Choosing HCP DB s target:
Till this it is fine.
4.Choosing HCP DB as the source
5. HCP DB once again cant be selected as target - Not shown from the data stores. So Same DB ETL not possible? Say moving from staging to prod / usage.
6. And lookup is not showing the HCP DB tables -
Does HCI DS not have these functionality or Am I missing something?
Thanks and Regards -- Vyas