We are using the new GL in ECC 6. I have a strange problem where special fields that were added to the line item transactions display in dev and quality but not in production. Please read the steps that I have taken.
1. Using note 984305 we defined special field BSEG-MATNR using this path:
Financial Accounting (New) General Ledger Accounting (New) Master Data G/L Accounts Line Items Define Special Fields for Line Item Display
This field (U_MATNR) displays correctly in FAGLL03.
2. I used note 1034354 to create an implementation of BAdI 'FAGL_ITEMS_CH_DATA. Then I
followed the documentation of the BAdI to create structure CI_FAGLPOSX within FAGLPOSX and added these fields:
Material Type: field MARA-MTART
Material Group: MARA-MATKL
I added code to method CHANGE_ITEMS to read for those fields. Here's part of the code:
* MARA - Get Material Type and Material Group SELECT SINGLE mtart matkl FROM mara INTO (wa_items-zzmtart, wa_items-zzmatkl) WHERE matnr = wa_items-u_matnr.
The values of these fields display correctly in development and quality, but they do not display in production.
3. When I debugged FAGLL03 in development I found that the value of U_MATNR was filled when I stopped at method CHANGE_ITEMS. However, when I debugged in production, U_MATNR was not filled. It had to be filled at a later time because the value appears on the report. In my code, I am using U_MATNR to find the values of material type and material group. Because U_MATNR doesn't have a value at that point in time in production, my code doesn't find material type or material group.
4. I contacted SAP and was instructed to use note 984305. I executed the function module
ITEM_STRUC_EXTENSION which did not help.
5 I also used note 205096 to execute report BALVBUFDEL, but this did not help either.
6. At this point, SAP told me that it is a consulting issue. I'm not sure that it is because I'm using SAP solutions without modifying anything.
7. I tried to compare configuration between development and production, but everything looked OK to me.
Has anyone had this problem? Any tips?