Skip to Content
avatar image
Former Member

Custome Tcode is not working in QA system but working in DEV system

Hello,

We have copied QM11 tacode to ZQM11. We found this ZQM11 tcode is not working in QA system, but properly working in DEV system. When we are execute this tcode from QA system with all required input, it says

"No objects could be selected that met your selection criteria."

But when do it in DEV system it is working fine. I have done following steps to check error

1) All authorizations are good

2) I have compared E070 and E071 table to found transport done with proper way.

3) I have checked SE93, tcode condition is good.

4) SE97 -->found call transaction is QM11 for ZQM11

5) From program code level Authority check maintained properly.

AUTHORITY-CHECK OBJECT 'Q_QMEL'

ID 'QMART' FIELD I_QMART

ID 'TCD' FIELD I_TCODE

ID 'WERKS' DUMMY.

6) Performed authorization trace to found error agains object Q_QMEL (RC =4), but in the role Q_QMEL has define with it's proper value supplied by our functional team.

7) Shows all active object in SU24 against ZQM11 are good

8) When we call tcode it has thrown the error agains Q_QMEL only

I am not able to understand why does not work this tcode in QA system, although working in DEV is good.

Please help me to resolve this issue

Thanks

Pavel

Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

7 Answers

  • Best Answer
    avatar image
    Former Member
    Dec 29, 2010 at 06:21 AM

    > "No objects could be selected that met your selection criteria."

    Hi Pavel,

    From the above line it seems the QA system doesn't contain proper data in the tables from which the TCode is reading the same. Can you please ask the responsible team to move data from Dev to QA?

    Regards,

    Dipanjan

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Dec 28, 2010 at 09:22 AM

    Dear Pavel,

    Does QA system has sufficient test data? I guess that's the issue and some functional guy need to work a lot for that. 😊

    Regards,

    Arpan Paik

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Dec 28, 2010 at 09:30 AM

    Hi Pavel,

    Enable trace in DEV system and find out what all it is reading.

    I suspect an issues with the custom tcode/program. Not with the data. Try to tag the Q_QMEL authorization object for the custom tcode and see if the error pops up again. If yes, revert with the exact ST01 trace data.

    Regards,

    Raghu

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Hi,

      In some cases the parameter values in the parameter tab may create problem. Check whether the values in parameter tab are same in both the users in dev and QA.

      Regards

      Aveek.

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Dec 28, 2010 at 11:02 AM

    What is the difference between QM11 and ZQM11? Are there any changes in the coding that has been done?

    Please advice what ZQM11 is supposed to do differently than QM11. Thanks

    Sandipan

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Dec 28, 2010 at 01:58 PM

    AUTHORITY-CHECK OBJECT 'Q_QMEL'

    ID 'QMART' FIELD I_QMART

    ID 'TCD' FIELD I_TCODE

    ID 'WERKS' DUMMY.

    Make sure you maintain field WERKS as ' ' ( single quotes) at org level of your rolesince the code checks DUMMY against this field and only * or ' ' will pass the auth check successfully

    Sandipan

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Former Member

      Bieng declared $WERKS field as DUMMY, is not relevant, so no matter its value, it will pass..

      There's a catch! If even DUMMY means literally that no matter user has any value, he is still authorized but in reality for such \fields authorization check is only successful when a value ' ' or * is found in user's authorization else it errors out.

      Sorry confused with programs where AUTHORITY-CHECK has ' ' coded instead of DUMMY. You are right, DUMMY specified for as field would pass authorization check with any/no value in user's authorization. Please ignore my statement

      Sandipan

      Edited by: Sandipan Choudhury on Dec 29, 2010 2:11 AM

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Dec 28, 2010 at 03:50 PM

    Hi Pavel,

    Ask your ABAP team to debbug the program, using breakpoints on the authority checks to see the values you are passing, also on the Message error that is displaying "No objects could be selected that met your selection criteria."

    Regards,

    Fernando

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Dec 28, 2010 at 09:32 PM

    Hi,

    Program for QM11 (program RQMELL10) checks for an entry of the tcode QM11 in table T370a (Activity Category for PM Lists) with activity 'A'. I suspect this entry is missing in table T370a for your custom tcode ZQM11 and hence it is being handled as QM11 where customer defined fields do not appear in message list (as mentioned in SAP Note#370191).

    Since you say that the custom tcode works fine in development, there is a possibility that the table T370a is updated in DEV but the changes have not moved to QA. Please compare the tables in both system and revert with your finding.

    Thanks

    Sandipan

    Edited by: Sandipan Choudhury on Dec 29, 2010 12:46 PM

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded